Most web sites, even in this day and age, are simple brochure sites, telling visitors who runs the business, what they do, and how to contact them. An authority web site, however, is one based on a specific topic. Better yet, search engines love these sites. Because search engines strive to provide the most relevant sites when someone is seeking information on a particular topic, these types of sites are usually found at the top of search engine results.
To find the authority site in your niche or on any particular topic, simply go to a search engine, type in a keyword, and view the top 3 results that appear in the natural (organic, not pay-per-click) results. These are typically the authority sites for the keywords you entered.
1. Pick a niche. Make your niche as narrow and focused as you possibly can. Perhaps it’s professional organizing for home offices or web design for cleaning companies or career coaching for baby boomer women. You get the idea here.
2. Select your keywords. Keywords are the “key” to being found online, so select yours carefully. Select a niche specific keyword phrase, 2 secondary keyword phrases, and then search for other related keyword phrases that have a fair amount of traffic but not so much competition. Google Adword’s Keyword Planner can help you find these keywords. You should end up with 10-15 keyword phrases at this point.
3. Domain. There’s still a bit of leverage given in search engine results to domains that contain your primary keyword. Buy a domain name containing your keyword phrase.
4. Gather content. Now you need to gather all the content you have created related to this niche. This could be articles, blog posts, audio, or video. If you don’t yet have content in this niche, you need to create at least 10 pieces of content, each of which uses one of the keyword phrases you found in Step 2.
5. Client Attraction Device. Now you need to create your lead generation magnet, or client attraction device, that you can give away on your site in exchange for a visitor’s name and email address.
6. Autoresponder follow up. Create 8-10 follow up autoresponders that are sent out over the next 3 weeks to the people who requested your client attraction device. The goal here is to educate them about what you do or the product that you sell and invite them to purchase from you.
7. Design and Navigation. Make your site easy to navigate and professional with a clear call to action. Nothing is worse than visiting a site that looks as though it were designed 10 years ago or gives you a confusing array of things to do. Use a simple design with attractive colors, and make sure your call to action (signing up for your Client Attraction Device) is on every single page of your site. I suggest you create a blogsite using WordPress as your content management system and then have your site customized accordingly.
8. Relevant content. The content you gathered or created in Step 4 can now be uploaded to your site. Be sure that the keyword for each piece of content appears in the content’s title, first paragraph, page description and title, and page headline.
9. Content marketing campaign. In order to begin to create inbound links to your sites from high traffic web sites, you need to begin to syndicate your content. Use an article marketing service to send your content out to article banks and publishers. Use a podcast or video syndication service to send out your audio and video content. Create press releases from articles and post those to press release sites. Rewrite your content and use it as blog posts or as ezine articles.
10. New content. Content is king online, so plan to create one new piece of content each week that is added to your site.
An authority web site will help you leverage your expertise in your marketplace. If you create it according to these steps, it will continue to generate leads for your business while your content marketing system continues to drive traffic to your site. Now, you have created an automated marketing machine that will continue to send clients to your business.
Best-selling author Donna Gunter works with successful business owners who are experts in their fields and established in their industry and are seeking a way to stand out from their competitors. Using her Ideal Clients on Autopilot System©, she helps them determine the exact strategies to generate more qualified leads and better-paying clients with automated systems. This proven system makes all their marketing easier and more effective and they find themselves positioned as the only choice for their clients.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.