Q: How could i generate leads from my email newsletter campaign? what are the ways
to impcrease the click through rate of the email newsletter?
A: Great question, Deepti — it’s one that troubles many, many online biz owners. Here’s an article I wrote on that very topic — 15 Proven Strategies to Grow Your List.
In terms of increasing the click-through rates, you’re never going to get everyone to open your email newsletter. I’ve heard anecdotally that a 30-40% open rate is considered good, and if you’re above that, spectacular! If you’re not yet at that level, though, here are some tips that will help:
1. Personalize your subject line using your recipient’s first name. Most ezine/autoresponder programs have this feature built into the service. Inserting a personal greeting by first name in the body of the email is also a great idea.
2. Create a compelling subject line. What subject line will make your reader want to open your email immediately?
3. Purge your list. In my experience smaller lists that are finely niched have a much better open rate that large lists where the readers come from all backgrounds. When you’re writing specifically to 1 target market, your open rate can reach 60% or greater.
4. Keep your ezine short, sweet, and to the point. I advocate having no more than 4 sections to an ezine — (2 or 3 is better, though): Personal Reflections (use of this section depends on your audience), Feature Article, Resource (again, depends on your audience), and a small promotional section featuring your latest product or service. Keep the salesy stuff to a minmum–readers want valuable content, not s sales pitch.
5. Get to know your reader. What is your reader seeking? What issues or problems bring him to your doorstep? If you’re answering the questions/responding to pressing concerns of your readers, your open rate will increase dramatically.
Let me know if I can help you grow your list!
Best-selling author Donna Gunter works with successful business owners who are experts in their fields and established in their industry and are seeking a way to stand out from their competitors. Using her Ideal Clients on Autopilot System©, she helps them determine the exact strategies to generate more qualified leads and better-paying clients with automated systems. This proven system makes all their marketing easier and more effective and they find themselves positioned as the only choice for their clients.