Q: How do I get started with my online business when I am not at all technical and have a very limited budget?
A: Hi Beth! You didn't say what you're selling, so I'm answering this question under the assumption that you have a product/service and a target market in mind. If you don't know the answer to either of these, figure this out before proceeding.
You've got one of two paths you can follow:
1. Sell someone else's product as an affiliate
2. Sell your own product or service
Regardless of your option, the quickest and cheapest way to set up a site online is with a WordPress blog. WordPress is an open-source (free) software program readily available online that can be customized to your look and feel. Most people do this by installing a WordPress template. You can simply Google "wordpress template" and you'll be shown thousands of sites featuring free WordPress templates. Don't use the WordPress.com option but instead install WordPress on a hosting account from WordPress.org.
However, many inexpensive hosting accounts, like GoDaddy.com, Hostgator.com. and Hostmonster.com (all run from $5-$15/month) already have WordPress installed on their control panels as a part of your hosting account. In most cases, once you have purchased the hosting, all you have to do is go to your control panel and turn on the WordPress option. Most of these hosting companies have tutorials to walk you through this process.
Once you have your site set up you need to do the following:
1. sign up for an email marketing program to begin to capture your visitor's contact info so that you can begin to market to them (I use www.GetMoreClientsAutoresponder.com )
2. Create a client attraction device (free report or giveaway) to entice you visitor to give you their contact info
3. Stay in touch with your list members by publishing a newsletter or blogging
4. Drive traffic to the site by writing articles, social networking, social bookmarking, podcasts, videos, etc.
If you have a service business, you can get more detailed tutorials, downloadable audio, and how-to articles
to implement any of these strategies with a membership to OnlineBizU.com.
Got an Internet Marketing question? Ask it here: AskDonnaGunter.com.
Best-selling author Donna Gunter works with successful business owners who are experts in their fields and established in their industry and are seeking a way to stand out from their competitors. Using her Ideal Clients on Autopilot System©, she helps them determine the exact strategies to generate more qualified leads and better-paying clients with automated systems. This proven system makes all their marketing easier and more effective and they find themselves positioned as the only choice for their clients.