Sure, you hear once-in-a-lifetime stories about how a blogger got a book deal or a movie deal from a blog, but those don’t happen very often.
So, can you really monetize a blog? Yes, you can, but it takes time, energy, and dedication to make it work. After all, if it were easy, everyone would be doing it, right?
1. Advertising: If you have browsed various blogs or web sites, you may have noticed several advertisements on the web page. Displaying advertising on your blog can consist of banner advertisements, contextual advertisements, and even pay-per-click ads where an advertiser pays you every time someone clicks on the advertisement. It’s easy to place advertisements on your blog, and it requires very little maintenance. However, you don’t want to go overboard and have more ads on your blog than content.
2. Sponsorship. If you love to add new posts to your blog, why not earn money through some sort of product sponsorship? Many companies will pay you to promote their product through some sort of sponsored blog post. This could be a post that you have written about the product in general, or even your own personal review of the product. By picking the correct products for your blog, your visitors gain new knowledge, you earn new income, and your advertiser earns new sales. It’s a win-win-win situation.
3. Affiliate Marketing. Affiliate marketing consists of advertising products through your blogs with special affiliate links. When visitors buy the product through your link, you will earn a commission. Amazon Associates is example of an affiliate network that can be used, and Amazon.com gives you a wide selection of products to potentially promote through your blog. There are many affiliate networks that can be used, as well, like Clickbank or JVZoo. Look for an affiliate network that offers the best commission rates as well as the best selection of products related to your blog.
4. Paid Blogging. If you want to know how to make money blogging, why not stick with the most obvious answer? Having a company hire you to write blog posts for them can be an excellent way to start generating income through blogging. It gives you the chance to gain some income and blogging experience, and it gives a company the chance to purchase some new content.
5. Selling Your Own Products. Finally, instead of advertising other people’s products, why not sell your own products? When you sell your own product, you set the price and reap the most profit from the sale rather than receiving a small commission of another person’s sale like you do with affiliate marketing, or getting paid 10 cents from a pay-per-click ad while the advertiser makes a $50 sale. You can create a product fairly easily thanks to programs like Microsoft Word. Simply write an e-book, report, case study, tips list, etc. related to your blog’s niche, convert it to a PDF file, and begin selling it!
Start to monetize your blog today by implementing a plan that incorporates these recommendations for revenue generation.You now have some great ideas to make money blogging — isn’t it time you got started?
Best-selling author Donna Gunter works with successful business owners who are experts in their fields and established in their industry and are seeking a way to stand out from their competitors. Using her Ideal Clients on Autopilot System©, she helps them determine the exact strategies to generate more qualified leads and better-paying clients with automated systems. This proven system makes all their marketing easier and more effective and they find themselves positioned as the only choice for their clients.