Q: There is so much info out there and so many people seem to be selling the same crap, different site. Therefore, I am curious what you recommend for someone familiar with technology (just not doing any online marketing), has a great proven product, but just wants to get going online from scratch. I have no website, nothing at this point. I don't even know how the heck to find a good web designer with all the scams out there. Starting at the most basic level and not getting scammed seems impossible.
A: Great question, Douglas! Here's the basics of my 21-step plan to get your business online:
1. Describe your target market. Note what they do, where to find them, what their most pressing problems are, and how they will benefit from your solution.
2. Begin searching for the words (keywords) that potential clients will search for when looking online for the solution you offer. Use these in articles, article titles, title/content of blog posts, your business, and your website URL.
3. Create a description of your ethical bribe (client attraction device) to give away to entice visitors to opt into your list. Consider the problems of your target market and your keyword research as you describe this device.
4. Purchase a keyword-rich domain.
5. Get a hosting account.
6. Start a blogsite (blog/website hybrid) focusing on your target market niche. Using a blogsite as your website platform enables you to update your site regularly rather than having to hire someone to do it for you.
7. Sign up for email marketing and payment/shopping cart so that you are prepared to capture your visitor's contact info and sell to them, as well.
8. Write a series of 10 autoresponder messages to send to prospects after they request your client attraction device using your email marketing system.
9. Add an opt-in box to your blogsite. You can easily do this through your shopping cart/email marketing system.
10. Create your client attraction device for your ethical bribe. It can be an ebook, audio, video, special report, etc. Make sure offer is valuable enough that people would be willing to pay for it.
11. Submit blog posts 2-3 times per week, 200-300 words per post.
12. Create your template for an email newsletter to go out weekly to your list.
13. Join 2 social networking sites (the ones your target market uses) to help you build your list.
14. Send out your email newsletter.
15. Begin writing articles that provide valuable content to your target market.
16. Submit your articles to articles banks and directories.
17. Create a repurposing plan for your aticles and implement the plan.
18. Create your first information product for sale.
19. Write the sales copy for the product.
20. Hold a telesummit for your target market/industry to help you drive traffic to your site and build your list.
21. Create an affiliate program to help you sell your product/services.
Bonus tip: For more help in creating and implementing these strategies, names of the resources and tools I use to implement these strategies, and answers to your questions, become a member at OnlineBizU.com.
Got an Internet Marketing question? Ask it here: AskDonnaGunter.com.
Best-selling author Donna Gunter works with successful business owners who are experts in their fields and established in their industry and are seeking a way to stand out from their competitors. Using her Ideal Clients on Autopilot System©, she helps them determine the exact strategies to generate more qualified leads and better-paying clients with automated systems. This proven system makes all their marketing easier and more effective and they find themselves positioned as the only choice for their clients.