Given that so many people have either webcams or smartphones with video capability at their disposal, it is pretty simple for you to capture a video testimonial from clients if you’re meeting them face-to-face, or for your clients to send you a video they have created on your behalf.
These kinds of client testimonials have great power in persuading your client’s peers to use your products and services, as the video permits prospective clients to see and hear the “inside scoop” from like-minded people. In addition to providing social proof, you can use these video testimonials to help others find you online through the power of the most powerful video powerhouse online, YouTube.
1. Set the stage. When you ask for video testimonials, be sure to ask the person to recite her name, business name and URL, if applicable, at the beginning of the testimonial. Then the client should refer to you by name, as well as the particular product or service she is endorsing. Then the client should talk about how the product/service helped them or what they found useful about it. Ideally, the testimonial will be about 30 seconds in length. To help your client come up with what to say in the testimonial, you might have her consider answering one or more of the following questions:
2. Get permission. Once you have the testimonial, make sure you have your client’s permission to post it on Youtube and your own web site.
3. Edit video. Edit the video slightly and insert text that contains your business name and URL at the beginning of the video so that the viewer will know what is being referenced in the video itself.
4. Upload to Youtube. Convert the video to mp4 format, if not already in that format, and upload it to your Youtube channel.
5. Optimize for keywords. Keyword optimization on Youtube works best when you have no more than two keyword phrases for which you are trying to optimize. Make sure that those keywords are in the video title, as well as in the video description and tags.
6. Call to action. You have the opportunity to list a call-to-action URL in the description section of Youtube (be sure to list the entire URL, including the https://, to make it clickable). In addition, when you embed the video on your own site, you can list a call to action under the video there, as well.
7. Share the wealth. Once this video is up on Youtube and your own web site, encourage your social media connections to view the video. The more “complete” views of the video, i.e. watching the video all the way through, the higher your video will rank in Google and Youtube.
Once you have completed these steps, your video should appear in the rankings within 24 hours. If you’re trying to rank for a less competitive keyword, it will probably occur more quickly. Start now to gather video testimonials and use them to help you get found online.
Best-selling author Donna Gunter works with successful business owners who are experts in their fields and established in their industry and are seeking a way to stand out from their competitors. Using her Ideal Clients on Autopilot System©, she helps them determine the exact strategies to generate more qualified leads and better-paying clients with automated systems. This proven system makes all their marketing easier and more effective and they find themselves positioned as the only choice for their clients.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.